"MIRANDO ATRAS, SIGUIENDO ADELANTE"
Purpose of La Fiesta del Pueblo
- To strengthen the network of Hispanic area residents.
- To promote cultural awareness among residents of South Georgia.
- To provide opportunities for Hispanics to gain visibility in the community.
- To promote a sense of pride and unity among Hispanics.
- To share information on health, education, community activities, youth organizations and social services.
- 1993--Hispanic Teens Photography Project.
- 1994--Bilingual/Bi-cultural Girl Scout Troops.
- 1995--Folkloric dance presentations by Girl Scouts.
- 1996--First Fiesta del Pueblo in Omega.
- 1999--La Fiesta moves to Downtown Tifton.
- 2003--La Fiesta moves to Fulwood Park
- No admission fee.
- Non-stop entertainment throughout the day.
- Food vendors.
- Educational and health booths.
- Free children's activities.
- Street dance in the evening